If you’re needing help with stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, limb pain, insomnia and anxiety – Liver 3 is your go-to point.
Liver 3 (Great Surge) It is located on your foot about two finger widths above the place where the skin of your big toe and the next toe join.
This point is commonly used for
- Headache, vertigo, redness, swelling and pain of the eye, wry face
- Depression, pain in the hypochondrium, abdominal distention, hiccup
- Weakness, numbness and pain of the lower extremities, difficulty in walking
- Irregular menstruation, metrorrhagia and metrostaxis, hernia, enuresis
- Epilepsy, infantile convulsion
LIV 3 is a very important and commonly used point. It is often coupled with LI 4 (known as the 4 Gates) to effectively move Qi and Blood throughout the body.